Oakmoss & Bay is a celebration of nature brought indoors. The smell of woodland walks, forest leaves and moss after a light rain shower is complemented by crisp notes of bay and basil for a subtle freshness that is ideal for daily use. A great addition to any room in the home.
Fragrance: Oak moss | Bay
- Green Oakmoss
- Dark green Rose leaves: calming.
- BlackBerry/Bramble: helps to mitigate swelling and inflammation.
- Bay leaf: helps to sleep (can cause drowsiness if too much inhaled or used in massage).
- Blackcurrant / cassis: reduce stress, agitation and tension headaches.
Candle Care -
- Before lighting be sure to trim the wick to 5mm and remove any surface dust.
- Clear any wick debris as this will encourage our LORD HOME signature even burn and steady flame.
- We would suggest trimming the wick every four hours to limit mushrooming or sooting.
- When trimming the wick, you should always extinguish the flame and allow the candle to come to room temperature. Do this if ever the flame becomes too large.
Lighting your candle:
- Use matches or a lighter. Longer matches or lighters specific for candles will ensure you do not burn yourself by getting too close to the flame.
- When your candle lights, leave it to burn. LORD HOME candles burn best in still air, but if you can’t avoid draughts or breezy rooms, turn the candle periodically to avoid an uneven burn. Occasionally a candle burning in a heavy draught might even start to smoke.
Extinguishing the flame:
- Use a candle snuffer or a spoon, this is much safer than blowing your candle out.
- Blowing candle flames out may send sparks or hot wax flying and the wick may well continue to glow or smoke.
- Always double check your candle is extinguished.
Candle Safety -
- Allow to burn for 2-4 hours the first time you light your candle. This will allow for an even, slow burn for the duration of the candles life and prevent any tunnelling or wastage.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Never fall asleep with candles burning and never leave a candle burning in a Child’s room.
- Always remove labels and any wrapping before burning your candles and any home fragrance products.
- Do not leave your candles in a warm car on a hot day
- Candles are sensitive to light and heat, store in a dark, cool place in an upright position.
- Ensure your wick is always centred, if the candle burns for too long this may cause the wick to move around in the hot wax. This is due to our even fragrance and wax concentration.
- Do not position candles near tv units, electrical equipment or heat sources.
- Never burn your candle for longer than four hours. This is the recommended burn time. After this let the wax cool, trim the wick and relight.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and animals.
- Do not use if the glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
- Candle containers may become hot. Handle with care and never move burning candles.
- Make sure there is at least one metre between a candle and any surface above it.
- Keep clothes and hair safely away, do not lean across or reach over the flame of a burning candle.
- Always place on a flat, even surface.
- Candles should not be stored for longer than 12 months. After 12 months candles can diffuse and burn less than expected.